Henry and Dorian worked in collaboration with IBEX Innovations to create a Multiscale Denoising and Contrast Amplification Blender that carries out contrast enhancement, detail enhancement and noise reduction of x-ray images.
- Parisa Gregg and Arnau Quera-Bofarull spent a 3 months internship with Boeing.
- In July 2019 we hosted our second CDT workshop at Lumley Castle, where the students from the latest cohort presented their team projects and students from the first cohort showcased the results of their internships to our partners.
- Joseph Bullock, one of the students from our 2017 cohort, works as an AI Research Fellow with UN Global Pulse, New York for his secondment to non-academic partners.
- As the result of the 8-weeks team project at IBEX undertaken by Joseph Bullock, Carolina Cuesta-Lazaro, and Arnau Quera-Bofarull, they have been invited to present their work on X-ray imaging on the high-visibility SPIE conference in San Diego, February 2019.
- In June 2018 we hosted the first CDT workshop at Lumley Castle, where the students presented themselves and their team projects to our partners. They introduced themselves with the brochure below.
- During their 8 weeks team project at CERN our three students Andrew Blance, Parisa Gregg, and Aidan Sedgewick developed an improved classifier for high-energy physics publication within
- The 8-weeks team project of Joseph Bullock, Carolina Cuesta-Lazaro, and Arnau Quera-Bofarull at the local X-ray imaging company IBEX let to very interesting results in cleaning X-ray images through neural network, thereby improving the discrimination of bone and soft tissue.
Predictions from their neural network output and
the confusion matrix.